1st Grade Pre-Assessment Elements of Art - Line, Color, Shape
This tests prior knowledge of line, shape, and color.
Each child should have paper, and crayons in primary and secondary colors.
2. Now with a green crayon draw a rectangle for the neck.
1. With your blue crayon draw an oval for a head.
3. Choose orange to draw a square eye.
4. With purple draw a circle eye.
5. Pick yellow to draw a banana shaped mouth, now color it red.6. Anything extra they want to add is their own choice: emphasizing the use of line for features such as hair, eye lashes, teeth, eyebrows, or clothing.
We are checking for knowledge of the primary and secondary colors as well as an understanding of shapes, and feature location. Students' ability to follow directions should also be assessed.