- JR Kuch
- Jamie Schroeder
- Andrew Prinsen
- Kevin Behr
At Risk Coordinator
- Tammy Kirk
Welcome to the 2017-2018 school year!
Why Clinton High?
The question above is a common question that I have heard while working for Clinton High School. The common response that I give is, “Well, why not?” Although slightly biased, the staff at CHS and the Clinton Community School District in general are some of the most dedicated educators that you find in our area, if not the state. Our teachers are committed to your student and their achievement. Why? We treat our students as if they are our own son or daughter, because we want only the best for our students, just like we want only the very best for our own children. They are a part of the CHS family.
In everything we do, we commit to giving our very best to our students in ways of:
- ensuring a rigorous curriculum that will prepare them for a post-secondary education in a safe, secure, risk-taking environment that truly values our students’ voices
- responding in a timely manner to students when they are failing to grasp promise standards at proficiency, likewise, we respond to students in a timely manner who exhibit understanding of promise standards above proficiency
- providing numerous class options that appeal to any student. From any of our over 40 Honors, Advanced Placement (AP), or Concurrent class offerings to our Career and Technical Education Program classes in the areas of Food and Consumer Science, Autos, Woods, Welding, and Business, we truly offer a post-secondary career path for anyone
- offering extra-curricular activities in the arts, athletics, and clubs that excel on the stage and field not only by performing and competing, but by unifying the Clinton Community School District and the Clinton community as one, creating the Royal Army
It is easy to say the things above, but it is more impressive to be able to back up what we say we do with awards that validate the statements! Clinton High School has been awarded numerous achievements over the past few years.
- CHS has been recognized as a Model PLC School by Solution Tree. We are only one of ten high schools in the United States with the designation
- CHS was awarded the Bronze Medal for Achievement by U.S. News and World Reports for four consecutive years
- CHS has also been named a model Response to Intervention (RTI) Site for our work to make sure that every student reaches success. This is an honor bestowed on only a few secondary schools in the entire country
- We have been host to over 90 school districts from Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota who have made the trek to CHS to witness our dedication to our students’ success in person.
- CHS is ranked in the top 40 on the annual AP Index, based on our work with AP students.
- Our Student Council received the National Gold Council of Excellence award by the National Association of Student Councils.
- CHS is home to 48 State Championship teams on our athletic fields with numerous All-State participants.
- Our Fine Arts programs have been the recipients of many awards and nominations, none more fulfilling than our a’ cappella program being able to perform in New York City during Spring Break.
As you can see, the answer to “Why Clinton High?” is definitely, “Why NOT Clinton High?!” With the staff and opportunities afforded to our students, Clinton High School is the answer! For more information, please feel free to contact me at 563-243-7540 Ext: 1181, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or on Twitter @MrKuchCHS.
– JR Kuch, Principal