Welcome to CHS!
Let me get right to the chase. I’ll admit it, I’m biased, I feel that Clinton High School is the best place for anyone in the Gateway area to grow academically and find a peer group that shares the same values and experiences. Clinton High School offers something for everyone, as the opportunities we offer are second to none in our area. If you have chosen CHS as your home or are looking at possibly coming to CHS, here are the great opportunities you have:
- Choose from 50 highly rigorous courses (Honors, College or Advanced Placement courses) that will get you on the right path to your two year or four year institution of your choice
- Over 50 opportunities to find the right club, activity or athletic team to find your niche in! Our Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) group is one of the most recognized FBLA groups in the state, as the routinely compete and place at the national level! Volunteering more your thing? Join our Leo’s Club where you are welcomed by peers and teachers to help those in need throughout our community! Perhaps the arts are your thing. If so, we have Acapella and Show Choirs, Orchestra and various levels of band. If you find yourself driven to intense athletic competition,Clinton High competes in the Mississippi Athletic Conference, as well as one of the largest classes in Iowa!
- Apprenticeship opportunities in Welding where our students partner with local businesses and are able to learn and experience the welding trade, get college credit, and get paid for it!
- Be a part of Iowa Clinton Big! This is a special group of kids who work with a team of teachers and business leaders to help solve our communities problems during the school day!
The staff at CHS is dedicated to helping you achieve your dreams and also helping you do more than you ever thought you could. Whether it involves academic goals or social connections, we are committed to helping you be the best you. We will do that by the following ways:
- Our three time, nationally awarded American Association of School Counseling (ASCA) counseling department is here to help you navigate your academic and social lives
- We are fortunate to have a mental health provider dedicated to CHS. Sometimes the stress of being a teenager can catch up to anyone, so it is important to know that there are trained professionals to help when that happens
- The way that CHS teachers, counselors and administrators collaborate is a nationally recognized model, as we devote our professional time together to best identify to support and enrich students through different academic supports
- CHS was awarded the Bronze Medal for Achievement by U.S. News and World Reports for four consecutive years
- CHS has also been named a model Response to Intervention (RTI) Site for our work to make sure that every student reaches success. This is an honor bestowed on only a few secondary schools in the entire country
- We have been host to over 90 school districts from Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota who have made the trek to CHS to witness our dedication to our students’ success in person
- CHS is ranked in the top 20 on the annual AP Index (highest ever ranking!), based on our work with AP students
- Our Student Council received the National Gold Council of Excellence award by the National Association of Student Councils
- CHS is home to 48 State Championship teams on our athletic fields with numerous All-State participants
As mentioned above, Clinton High School is THE best place to learn in our Gateway area because it operates with the help of real humans who care about each and every student. However, being human means that we also learn some of our best lessons through failure. Sometimes we do not meet our high expectations for ourselves and we sometimes fail to meet the expectations of our students or families. Yet, we do not make excuses and we learn from our mistakes (just like anyone should). If at any point an expectation is not met, you are encouraged to bring the matter to an adult in the building, so we can work through the situation together. We do not have all the answers, but, working together, we are positive we can come up with one. For more information, please feel free to contact me at 563-243-7540 Ext: 1181, by email at email@example.com, or on Twitter @MrKuchCHS.
Clinton High School