Tuesday Feb. 7, 2023
I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands one Nation under God, indivisible with liberty and justice for all.
1. Attention any 8th, 9th, or 10th grade boys that are interested in going out for baseball this year:
We are having winter workouts from 6:45 am-7:45 am every Monday and Thursday at the CHS batting cages. If you have any questions email Coach Krause at email@example.com.
2. There will be an informational softball meeting during Rise Above Time on Thursday in the Health room. Any girls interested in playing softball this summer, please plan on attending. If you cannot attend, please let Mr. Lakin know.
3. Clinton High School’s Chamber Choir is ready to deliver a Singing Valentine for you next Tuesday. Students will be in the lunchroom on Thursday and Friday this week, so don’t forget to order! You can send a Valentine to someone at CHS for $5. Valentines sent to another school or around the Clinton community are $25. See Mrs. Vonderohe in the choir room (S206) if you have any questions.
4. Attention to all who have some form of talent! Do you have a passion for poetry, cooking, martial arts, or even dancing or Are you someone who likes to make people laugh? We are looking for a variety of different talents for our JV Talent Show. So if you got it, sign up outside Mrs. Warren’s room (room 232). Auditions for the JV show will be the week of February 13th Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
5. Attention any athlete interested in joining the boys track team: we will have our informational meeting Today, February 7th during RA time in the theater. If you have any questions, please contact Coach K. Schneeberger, Coach Herrig, or Coach Griswold. See you there!
6. Senior picture submissions for the yearbook are due on February 20th. Please email your senior pictures to Mrs. Walker ASAP. Questions? Ask Mrs. Walker.
7. iJAG is excited to present to you a Sadie Hawkins Winter Dance on Saturday February 18th! You can find the sign up form in your class email from January 24th, where you will find all the need to know details! We have two awesome dj’s coming, free refreshments, and a FREE photographer for the first hour! Tickets will go on sale NEXT WEEK!! If you have any questions, stop by Ms. Ryan’s room, 132.
8. Congratulations to the CHS Jazz Choir for receiving a Division I – Superior rating last night at the State Jazz Choir Festival at North Scott. Members of the Jazz Choir included Anna Current, Juli Clarke, Rose Kelly, Juliana Clark, Mason Luckritz, Bryce Wainwright, Morgan Wehling, Jordan Stafford, Brad Shumake, Madison Burman, Jill Frye, and Riley Ottens. They were accompanied by the very talented percussionist, Elena Brisch.
Activities for Today
Girls JV Game (H) vs. Bettendorf High School @ CHS Yourd Gymnasium 4:30pm
Boys Freshman Game (A) @ Bettendorf High School 4:30pm
Girls Varsity Game (H) vs. Bettendorf High School @ CHS Yourd Gymnasium 6:00pm
Boys Sophomore Game (A) @ Bettendorf High School Large Gym 6:00pm
Boys Varsity Game (A) @ Bettendorf High School Large Gym 7:30pm
Lunch for Today
Pork Tenderloin on a Bun, Waffle Fries
French Bread Pizza, Broccoli