Friday, October 19, 2018
- Last night the River King and Queen Cross Country team competed in the district meet in Cedar Rapids. The squad battled five ranked teams on a beautiful day at Noelridge Park. Scoring for the Queens were Abby Struble, Lauren Buer, Maritza Dondiego, Emma Milder, and Vivianna Ramirez. The Kings were led by Noah Smith, Parker Sirna, Conner Sattler, Kyle Gassman, and Aidan Smith. This year was a successful season that saw great improvement from all our runners. If you’d like to buy a $5 shirt see a runner at lunch. If you’d like to buy a limited edition “MAC Meet” shirts for $10, stop by our table at the football game tonight.
- Seniors, don’t forget that TODAY is the last day to order a senior class picture.
- Do you play Madden or NBA 2K on the Xbox One or PlayStation 4? If so, you definitely should sign up for the boys’ basketball program’s video game tournament fundraiser on November 10th! There will be competitive and just for fun divisions, so all skill levels can participate. You can pick up a form in the office or in room 143 from Coach Ersland if you are interested.
- Attention Seniors: during the week of October 22nd several college admission counselors will be visiting the counseling office. On Monday, the Hawkeye Community College counselor will be here at 9:30 and the University of Iowa counselor will be here at 10:00. On Tuesday, the Western Illinois University counselor will be here at 1:30 and then on Friday, the counselor from Northeast Iowa Community College will be here at 10:00. Sign-up sheets are posted on the counseling office windows. Add your name to the list and Mrs. Jordan will make sure that you receive a pass on the day of the visit.
- Attention Attention: All new and returning wrestlers! The 2018-19 Wrestling season is right around the corner! There will be a sign up sheet outside of Mrs. LeRoux classroom and Coach LeRoux Office (109 just before the ramp doors going to the S-wing). So stop by today, bring a friend and sign up for this upcoming season! Find Coach LeRoux or Coach Holmes about Open mat opportunities!
- Picture retakes will be TODAY.
- Attention Seniors: Have you been losing sleep dreading filling out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)? Well stop losing sleep and have your parent come to conferences with you on October 25 for help with the FAFSA. We will have a representative from Clinton Community College here to help you and your family complete the FAFSA during conferences from 2:30 pm to 6:30 pm. Stop in the school counseling office and sign up for a time slot. Remember that your family must bring their financials with them.
- Attention seniors: The deadline for you to submit your Horatio Alger Scholarship application and have it verified by your counselor is quickly approaching. Thursday, October 25th is the deadline. Don’t wait until the last minute!
- Attention all Students: Please remember that we have a home football game TONIGHT. All student vehicles must be moved before 4:00 p.m. from the parking lot south of the field. Parking tickets will be given out. Students coming back to the game need to park in the faculty lot east of the high school.
- CHS family, please join the River Kings at the final home football game tonight as they host the Lightening of Iowa City Liberty High School. Tonight is Senior Night – CHS will honor those Senior football players, managers, Cheerleaders, and Marching Band members who will graduate next Spring! Please come out tonight to show your support as the Kings work hard to bottle up the Lightening!!!”
Game time is – 5:00pm for the Fresh/Sophs…..with the Varsity set to kickoff around 7:15pm. – PINK OUT!!!!
Lunch for Today
Patty Melt and Curly Fries
Chicken Fajita, Spanish Rice, Stir-fry Vegetables and corn