Friday, March 13, 2020
1. Attention Students starting spring sport practices next week: TODAY is the last day to get a white card before practices start. There will not be anyone in the office next week to give you one. If you have any questions, see Miss Baker.
2. Attention students grades 9 thru 11: If you haven’t met with your counselor about next year’s classes yet, time is running out! Please make sure that you make an appointment to get this taken care of. If you have met with your counselor, but haven’t turned in your signed registration forms, make sure that you do this. If you don’t, you may not get the classes that you thought you had registered for.
3. Seniors, there are several scholarships that will reach their deadline when we return from spring break. On Wednesday, March 25th the Society of American Military Engineers application must be post marked on or before this date. Friday, March 27th is the deadline for the following scholarship applications to be turned into the counseling office: A.H. Dall and the Grace I. & Mary E. Disbrow applications. March 27th is also the deadline for the Bernard B. and Anna Lehman Scholarship to be submitted either by mail or emailed to the River Bluff Foundation.
Please note: the majority of scholarships will have deadlines during the latter part of March and during the month of April. Don’t miss out on these opportunities by missing the deadlines. Once a scholarship expires applications will not be accepted, so it’s of the utmost importance to keep track of these dates. Also, make sure that you are including all required documentation and answering all questions. Something as simple as forgetting a signature can remove your application from consideration.
4. Juniors, if you plan to apply for the Quest Bridge College Prep Scholars Program, please note that your online application must be submitted by Tuesday, March 24th. This is the Tuesday after we return from spring break. Quest Bridge is a nationally recognized non-profit that is a pathway to top colleges for high achieving, low-income high school juniors. Additional information and the online application is available at the following website: https://www.questbridge.org/high-school-students/college-prep-scholars
5. Attention Juniors: The Junior trip to Kirkwood has been cancelled.
6. Reminder to all girls’ tennis players we will NOT be passing out sweats and uniforms today after school. We will do that on Monday the 23rd instead, when everyone is back from spring break. Don’t forget to dress in your best green Saint Patrick’s Day outfit on Tuesday. Prizes will be awarded for best green outfit, followed by blarney stones to eat. We will practice at Max Lynn Courts at 9:30 am Monday morning. Bring your white card, unopened can of tennis balls, and $15 for your team shirt. If you are staying here for spring break we expect you to be at tennis at 9:30 am on Monday.
Lunch for Today
Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans, and a Breadstick
Chicken Quesadilla, Rice, and Chuckwagon Corn