- An aggressive behavior that involves intentional and unwanted negative actions
- Involves a pattern of behavior repeated over time
- Based on perceived or actual traits
- Creates an objectively hostile school environment
Clinton Middle School is a Bully Free Zone. However, if you feel that you or someone you know has been a victim of harassment or bullying, please report it! Once the report is submitted, the student will be contacted by a CMS Administrator or Counselor no later than the next school day.
There are two ways a student/parent can submit a report of harassment or bullying:
- Click here https://www.clinton.k12.ia.us/assets/Board%20Policies%202011/CCSDHRAntiBullyingR5.pdf to print off the complaint form
- At school, a student can complete and turn in a Green Sheet. Students can get this form from and return them to: the Back Office; any teacher, counselor, or administrator
All members of the CMS Administrative and Counseling teams annually complete Anti-Bullying training.
For additional information regarding What Bullying Is, please check out the following resource: What is Bullying
For a Parent Checklist, please check out the following resource: Parent Checklist
For information regarding Cyberbullying, please check out the following resource: Cyberbullying Checklist