Jefferson Elementary Anti-Bullying Policy
“Bullying is unwanted, aggressive behavior among school-aged children that involves a real or perceived power imbalance. The behavior is repeated, or has the potential to be repeated, over time. Both kids who are bullied and who bully others may have serious, lasting problems.” – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Jefferson Elementary takes pride in providing a safe, supportive school environment for all students and staff. The principal, school counselor, or School Resource Officer investigates all bullying and harassment claims and handles all matters with the utmost confidentiality. If you or a caregiver feels that you are being harassed or bullied, please follow these steps:
- If you are not afraid, tell the harasser to stop immediately.
- You need to report the incident to a teacher, school counselor, School Resource Officer, or administrator.
- While the incident is fresh in your mind, write down what happened – including when and where it happened and who else saw it.
- Be sure to avoid being alone with the harasser.
- If you witness an event, follow steps 1, 2 and 3.
If you feel that you have been a victim of harassment or bullying please fill out and submit the form below or contact the principal at 563-243-0479 or email Mr. Kuch at email@example.com. Please attach any documentation that can substantiate your claim.
We will contact you no later than the next school day.
Thank you for making Jefferson a safe space for everyone!