The mission of the Clinton Community School District School Counseling Department is to provide all students with a comprehensive, developmental guidance and counseling program, centered around an engaging curriculum that encourages the highest level of student achievement through their growth and academic, personal/social and career domains. In partnership with all district educators and a caring community, district school counselors will assist all students to be successful, life-long learners and problem solvers.
Emphasis is placed on promoting student success by helping students find and gain life-planning skills that are consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities.
The Middle School Counselors provide the following services:
- Classroom Developmental Guidance lessons
- 6th Grade Academic Focus: Individual learning styles, goal setting, and test taking/study skills.
- 7th Grade Social/Emotional Focus: Problem solving/decision making, bullying, and coping skills.
- 8th Grade Career Focus: Career interest inventories, job and communication skills. We also facilitate the state mandated ihaveaplan.org which helps create high school and career planning.
- Individual short-term counseling
- Small groups
- Achievement, behavior, and attendance support through Teacher Assistance Teams
- Parental support
- Crisis support/resource and referral
The Clinton Community School Counseling Department would like to make parents aware of services in the community.
The following chart outlines various service providers and contact information for each service. The services listed cover various areas such as:
- Assessment and Counseling
- Educational Support
- Community Resource
- Basic Needs (including health needs)
- Behavior/legal support
These services are applicable for all families with school-aged children.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your school counselor at any time throughout the school year.