Iowa Immunization Requirements

The immunization requirements apply to individuals enrolled in the following settings:

  • Licensed child care centers

  • Public or nonpublic (private) elementary or secondary school

  • Competent private instruction (home schooled)

Individuals attending a school or licensed child care center must provide at least one of the following:

  • Certificate of Immunization

  • Certificate of Immunization Exemption (Medical/Religious)

  • Provisional Certificate of Immunization

A foreign exchange student or individual transferring from a non U.S. school must provide at least one of the certificates listed above.